Celebrating The Best of Black Sporting Lives In Your Words
Are you a creative spoken word performer and writer?
Can you celebrate, amplify and honour the contribution of the very best black sporting icons?
If so… you could be who we are looking for to join us for a one-off night of celebration – broadcast on BT Sport – paying tribute to the greatest names, and most influential figures in Black Sporting History, through spoken word.
The makers of BAFTA winning ‘Life & Rhymes’ and the team behind the multi-award success ‘Micah Richards: Tackling Racism’ are putting on a very special event to kick-off Black History Month on BT Sport.
Thank you for your interest in the BT Sport Spoken Word Show.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
Applicants must be able to write and perform a unique piece (approx 1mins) on one of the below black sporting icons. A viewing link will be requested in your application:
- Sir Lewis Hamilton
- Marcus Rashford
- Raheem Stirling
- Michael Jordan
- Denise Lewis
- Jessie Owens
- Thierry Henry
- Lennox Lewis
- Bill Russell
- Ian Wright
- John Barnes
- Venus and Serena Williams
- Jackie Robinson
- Althea Gibson
- Viv Anderson
- Muhammed Ali
- Kobe Bryant
- Brian Lara
- Nicola Adams
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON MONDAY 4TH JULY 2022 @ 1PM – We reserve the right to adjust the closing date at our discretion
If you have any questions or require support with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note: Due to the large number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants
Terms and Conditions
WHO WE ARE
Buzz16 Productions LTD (Company Reg No: 10518938) whose postal address is Chiswick Works, 100 Bollo Lane, Chiswick, London, W4 5LX (“we”, “us”, “our”) is the production company and the data controller for the purposes of casting, development, production and/or distribution of “BT SPOKEN WORD: POETRY & MOTION” (working title) (the “Programme”) and/or as otherwise agreed between us.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
a) These application terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) relate to your application to take part in the talent search within the Programme (including without limitation any re-edited, re-voiced, reformatted, updated or compilation or any other versions thereof or further series or spin-offs) and/or other content.
b) “BT SPOKEN WORD: POETRY & MOTION” is a brand new talent search. It is produced by us for BT PLC (the “Broadcaster”). The Programme is produced by the people who brought you the BAFTA award winning ‘Life of Rhymes’ and the team behind multi-award success ‘Micah Richards: Tackling Racism’. This new Programme is a unique production paying tribute to some of the greatest names and most influential figures in Black Sporting History. In this new Programme we see through the lens of spoken word performance poetry, creating a ground-breaking, inspirational, and celebratory event to mark Black History Month. POETRY & MOTION looks to fuse the poetry slam style with an overarching focus on themes of sport and black history. Spoken word pieces will be performed to an audience celebrating and honouring an inspirational collection of black sporting legends.
KEY TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to all individuals who apply and/or otherwise indicate to us that they wish to be considered to take part in the Programme which we propose but do not undertake to produce.
By applying to take part in the Programme, whether by submitting an application form to us or otherwise, you confirm that you agree to and shall comply with these Terms and Conditions.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Application Date” shall mean the date on which you apply to take part in the Programme, whether by submitting an application form to us or otherwise.
The following sets out some key terms and conditions that apply to the application process and taking part in production of the Programme. Further or amended terms and conditions and/or other rules and guidelines may apply to the Programme, and these will be notified to you as necessary at our discretion.
1. You must be over the age of 18 years old must be available between July 2022 – September 2022 for filming of the Programme in London.
2. As part of the application process each adult taking part will be required to enter into an agreement with us agreeing to their participation in the Programme and granting us the necessary permissions to film them during the casting & production process.
3. Neither you, nor any member of your family shall be :
a. currently employed by Buzz16 Productions LTD or BT PLC nor have been previously employed or engaged by Buzz16 Productions LTD or BT PLC;
b. a spouse/live-in partner or immediate relative (i.e. mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister or any step relative) of an employee of Buzz16 Productions LTD,or BT PLC; nor
c. sufficiently connected with the Programme so that your participation in the Programme could create the perception of impropriety (unless otherwise approved by us).
4. You must be a permanent legal resident of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
5. You acknowledge and agree that we may undertake background checks as part of the casting process. You agree to provide (or assist us in obtaining) further information, documentation, references and/or evidence as requested by us for the purpose of verifying that you comply with the eligibility requirements relating to the Programme or as determined by the Broadcaster and undertaking background checks. You confirm that you do not have any unspent criminal convictions nor are you aware of any current criminal investigations against you. You agree to inform us of any criminal proceedings brought against you during the application process or production of the Programme (if selected to take part).
6. Participation in the Programme will be subject to all necessary paperwork, background checks, references and/or consents as requested by us being promptly completed and returned to us (which may include without limitation information regarding your health and/or criminal and/or civil actions and/or convictions). Any information you provide to us must be honest, truthful, correct and up to date, and if any information changes during the application process or (if selected) production of the Programme then you will need to inform us immediately.
7. Any family member attending the production of the Programme must be over  years old and shall enter into an appropriate agreement via a legal parent/guardian to agree to them being filmed as a member of the audience for the production and these Terms and Conditions shall also apply.
8. We may need to carry out background and health checks on you for the Programme, including but not limited to DBS checks and medical (physical and mental health) checks.
9. Any information and data (including personal and sensitive personal data) which is provided by you to us will be held and used by us and the Broadcaster in connection with the administration and/or production of the Programme.
10. You agree and consent to Buzz16 Productions LTD and Broadcaster processing Data in any form, whether electronically or otherwise, provided that Buzz16 Productions LTD complies at all times with data protection law and any relevant guidelines issued by the Broadcaster.
11. You agree to keep confidential and not disclose to any third party (including by means of any social media) any details or confidential information or any material relating to us or the Programme which you become aware of as result of your application to participate in the Programme, unless such information is already known to the general public otherwise than through you. You acknowledge that this obligation of confidentiality will continue to be in place whether or not you are selected to take part in the Programme.
12. Whilst we will endeavour to respond to all interested parties, we cannot guarantee that you will be contacted about taking part in the Programme. Decisions about who is selected to take part in the Programme are at Buzz16 Productions LTD and BT’s sole discretion. Buzz16 Productions LTD gives no guarantee that the Programme will be produced or broadcast.
13. We shall have the right to research, scout and make enquiries to find and/or encourage those who are eligible to take part in the Programme, to apply and/or audition as a contributor.
14. We reserve the right to refuse any submitted application. There will be no right of appeal against any decisions taken by us on this or any matter relating to the casting, selection and/or production of the Programme.
15. You accept that submission of an application form, compliance with these Terms and Conditions, receiving a phone call from a member of the production team, attending an audition and/or attending any recording days DOES NOT constitute an offer to appear in or automatically mean you will be appearing in the Programme.
16. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to stand you down and/or choose not to film with you during the casting, selection and/or production process, even if you have been given a date to attend auditions and/or have been filmed for the Programme.
17. We shall cover the costs of travel / food expenses in relation to your participation in the Programme if you are selected to take part provided that we are given the opportunity to approve them in advance of you incurring any such expenses and provided that all expenses are reasonable and documented with appropriate receipts and invoices. We reserve the right to organise any travel, accommodation or subsistence ourselves and you shall participate in these arrangements and shall promptly inform us of any dietary or allergy requirements.
18. You understand that we reserve the right to vary any element of the Programme and, even if you meet the the requirements outlined above, we shall have no obligation to produce any episode of the Programme, to broadcast any episode of the Programme, or to select you as a contributor, and even if you are selected we are not obliged to include your contribution in the Programme.
19. The chosen contributors will be required to undertake such duties and/or obligations and/or sign such documentation granting all necessary rights as notified to them by us, including without limitation entering into a legally binding contributor’s agreement and providing passport details, and shall do so promptly.
20. We will notify each contributor of the date, times and locations of any and all filming and failure to attend such date, time and location may result in the contributor being withdrawn.
21. The rights granted under these Terms and Conditions are freely assignable and licensable by us.
22. The terms and conditions relating to the personal data of any applicant, contributor, talent and audience member taking part in any programme we produce is set out here ( https://www.buzz16.uk/buzz-16-productions-limited-contributor-talent-data-protection-policy/)
23. Any trademarks, logos, graphics, photographs, videos and texts featured in the Programme casting website and/or in the Programme remain our intellectual property and may not be reproduced, used or represented without our express prior written permission.
24. You acknowledge and agree that neither us nor our assignees and/or licensees shall be liable for any loss, damage, injury, claim and/or disappointment suffered, by you (including but not limited to special or consequential loss, loss of reputation, trespass to property or trespass to person) in connection with your involvement in the Programme, other than death or personal injury caused by our negligence or other liability that is prohibited from being limited or excluded by law.
25. You agree that you shall not be entitled to injunct or restrain any broadcast, transmission or any making available to the public of the Programme or the use of the contribution and/or material(s) provided by you and/or any programmes and/or ancillary use which includes your contribution and/or such material(s) (or any part of it).
26. Failure by us to take action in respect of the breach by you of any provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be interpreted as constituting a waiver by us of the right to take action in future in respect of such a breach.
27. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, amend, withdraw, replace and/or supplement these Terms and Conditions for any reason and at any point prior to or during the production of the Programme.
28. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms.